Twenty Friday night dates for the sanctioned division are scheduled this season at the 3/8-mile clay oval in Rothbury. It didn’t take long for area drivers to start a rush on pit parking reservations at the newest track in IMCA’s Dirt Works Eastern Region. “What really sold me was the support you get from IMCA when you’re a sanctioned track,” he continued. “I like how they stand on their rules. When drivers travel to different IMCA tracks, they know what the rules are going to be when they get there. IMCA is one of the only sanctioning bodies that stands tall on their rules.” Some 1,500 yards of clay have already been added to the widened racing surface at Rothbury. A new tech building will be constructed and improvements made to spectator seating before the IMCA Speedway Motors Weekly Racing point season opens on April 17. A two-day special is planned on the final weekend of the season at Winston. Wilkerson had been in charge of track prep at both Winston and Saturday speedplant Thunderbird Raceway in Muskegon, half an hour to the south ROTHBURY, Mich. – After making the announcement that he’d run IMCA Modifieds beginning in 2020, Winston Speedway promoter Dean Wilkerson had one of the hottest properties in town. “I grew up at the track and have been a big fan of the IMCA Modifieds over the years,” he said. “Thunderbird has had success with them and the racing family in the Muskegon area is pretty big. We look forward to working with them.” Points run through Aug. 28. “I’m friends with Ron Flinn, the promoter at Crystal Motor Speedway, and he’s been a great help going through the sanction process,” Wilkerson said. “He said you always got a good car count with IMCA and the drivers are loyal to IMCA tracks.” The second of three generations to race at Winston – his father Dean Sr. was a multi-time track champion while son Drew has earned rookie of the year honors there – Wilkerson and wife Lynette took over as promoters last September. “We made the announcement that we would sanction with IMCA and posted pit spots for sale. We’ve already sold more than 30,” Wilkerson reported. “The response has been unreal. It’s been more than I ever expected.” “Winston Speedway is a perfect fit for Michigan and for our Eastern Region,” stated IMCA Vice President of Operations Jim Stannard. “This new sanction gives more drivers the opportunity to challenge for national, regional and state points.”
By Edward Anschutz Block jumped to the lead from his outside front row starting spot while Jason Ebert and Josh Long waged a hefty battle for the runner-up position. Ebert was finally able to dispose of Long on lap 12 and set his sights on Block. SEYMOUR, Wis. (July 10) – Forty-eight IMCA Modifieds were in the house Friday at Outagamie Speedway and it was Wyatt Block bagging the $1,000 Fast Shafts All-Star Invitational ballot qualifying win. As the laps clicked by, Ebert began to close but the lead Block had built up was too much. Block cruised to his first feature win of the season to score the rich payday. With 31 IMCA Sunoco Stock Cars in action, it was a pair of former IMCA national champions starting on the front row of the $700 to-win contest as Rod Snellenberger and Benji LaCrosse brought the field to the green. LaCrosse got the jump and quickly pulled away from the field. The caution flew with nine laps remaining but LaCrosse was unstoppable and dominated the event for his first win of the year. Snellenberger had a hard-fought battle to place second.
(REUTERS) – A Romanian amateur cricketer, who became a cult figure after footage of his unorthodox bowling style went viral on social media, is set to fulfil his dream of playing a match in Australia after finally being granted a tourist visa.Forty-year-old Pavel Florin, a bodyguard by profession, was initially mocked for his ungainly action and looping deliveries while playing for Cluj Cricket Club during the European Cricket League in July but captured the Australian public’s imagination with his response.“Maybe someone says my bowling is not beautiful or not effective, but I don’t care, because I love cricket,” he said, a reaction that was praised by former Australia bowler Shane Warne, among others.Melbourne-based Surrey Hills Cricket Club invited him to play for them as a guest but his dream appeared to have been shattered when his application for a tourist visa was refused.However, Florin said on Twitter yesterday that the visa had now been granted and he was set to play tomorrow. The club also confirmed the news, inviting the public “to see the great man in action”.
Share BUFF.bet weighs up IPO options after X-Bet.co merger April 27, 2020 Submit Share Related Articles Betway & Ninjas in Pyjamas (NiP) head up elite speaker lineup at ESI London September 7, 2018 StumbleUpon UltraPlay enhances Esports betting experience March 29, 2018 eSports centric betting platform supplier UltraPlay has moved to restructure its senior management team, confirming the promotion of Mario Ovcharov to the position of Chief Commercial Officer (CCO). Ovcharov who has been a key stakeholder for the platform developer since 2014, is promoted as commercial lead having served as UltraPlay’s Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) since 2015. As new CCO, Ovcharov will lead the commercial development of UltraPlay platform and industry eSports services, as the company enters a crucial operating period.Further CCO leadership responsibilities will see Ovcharov manage UltraPlay’s growing commercial development team and defining the firm’s sales strategy. Ovcharov will report directly to UltraPlay CEO Dariy MargaritovTaking on UltraPlay’sleadership position Ovcharov commented: “I am delighted to be taking up this new challenge and will continue to do my best to offer our clients and partners next level of betting solutions. UltraPlay has this rare combination of talented people, cutting-edge technology, and passion for betting – a solid ground for further development and innovation.”
Source: DailyMail Manchester United were interested in signing Nathan Ake before rivals Manchester City beat them to land the £41million defender, according to reports.The Dutchman completed his move from Bournemouth to the Etihad on Wednesday but United were also in the market for a left-footed centre back with Ake fitting the bill perfectly.Sky Sports report that the Red Devils needed to raise more funds before launching a bid for the 25-year-old with most of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s transfer budget dedicated to the chase for Jadon Sancho.The United boss appeared to cheekily tap up Ake during his side’s 5-2 victory over Bournemouth in July.Solskjaer gave the defender a fist bump as he walked off the pitch and said: ‘Good luck’.After he replied, ‘cheers, thank you’, the 47-year-old appeared to follow up with: ‘We need a left-footed centre back so keep going.’The club have so far failed in their attempts to sell Marcos Rojo, who has not made an appearance since November 2018.Chris Smalling’s proposed move to Roma also appears to be off with the Serie A side unwilling to meet United’s asking price.Ake has already racked up 146 Premier League appearances, with Hector Bellerin and Luke Shaw the only defenders under the age of 25 with more.
British police have confirmed that they have arrested former Manchester United great Eric Cantona and cautioned him for assaulting a man in London.Cantona was briefly taken into custody following the incident that happened in the Primrose Hill area of north London on Wednesday.When asked about Cantona’s arrest, police confirmed “a man in his mid-40s was arrested on suspicion of common assault. He was taken into custody and subsequently cautioned for common assault.”Police said the victim did not require medical assistance.Cantona, who became a beach soccer coach and an actor after retiring, did not answer a message left on his mobile phone.In 1995, he was banned for eight months by the Football Association for attempting a kung fu kick at a Crystal Palace fan.
With sincere congratulations to the best skier in Bosnia-Herzegovina Elvedina Muzaferija, who won historical points for Bosnia-Herzegovina in the World Cup, the City of Visoko will subsidize the costs of preparation and competitions for the next period by paying 5.000 BAM.“Elvedina Muzaferija is an example of how every goal can be achieved through work, renunciation and great persistence,” mayor of Visoko Amra Babic stated.Babic added that the City of Visoko will continue to support athletes who are ambassadors of the city and country and who, with their successes, encourage and rejoice all BiH citizens.Muzaferija finished 29th in the combined run in the Altenmarkt of Austria, earning two points in the World Cup, Avaz news portal reports.
Barcelona held on to its lead to win and also ensured Messi steered clear of a yellow card that would have ruled him out of the quarterfinals.Bayern Munich will provide far sterner opposition than Napoli, as their destruction of Chelsea proved, and if Messi had been booked, Barcelona might as well not bother to travel to Lisbon.As it stands, it will be up against it, but with Messi on the pitch it will always have a chance. No player wants the Champions League back in the Barcelona trophy cabinet more than Lionel Messi, and he pulled the weight of his whole team as the Catalans reached the 2020 quarterfinals.Barcelona’s captain shone brightly at an empty Camp Nou on Saturday, driving his team into the next round; head and shoulders above the rest as he usually is and has been for far too long. Getty Messi scored a brilliant solo goal and won the penalty for the third goal on the night as Barca went further than rivals Real Madrid and booked their ticket to Lisbon with a 3-1 win over Napoli (4-2 on aggregate).How in the WORLD did Messi score this goal??? 🤯 pic.twitter.com/ayjM8lmPkw— CBS Sports (@CBSSports) August 8, 2020Midfielder Frenkie de Jong can be pleased with his night’s work, deadlock-breaker Clement Lenglet too, but the rest of Barcelona’s team owes Messi a cerveza when the season is over, especially his strike partners Luis Suarez and Antoine Griezmann.The Uruguayan, as he looked for much of La Liga’s run-in, was far below his best and visibly unfit, while Griezmann was barely visible at all. The French forward has not clicked at Barcelona and still doesn’t seem to fit into the system Quique Setien wants to operate.Messi took a deep breath as he walked out onto the pitch, sporting the look of a man who knew he had a lot of work to do.However, Lenglet was the unlikely opening goal-scorer, heading in from Ivan Rakitic’s corner after Kalidou Koulibaly bizarrely passed it out of play.Then Messi took over, notching the second with a flurry of genius, beating two men, losing his footing but picking himself up off the floor to arc an unstoppable curling effort into the far corner. https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/GOAL/a/f7/barcelona-napoli-callejon-messi_1fjl2erohpcbv1gap8mpt7io3j.jpg?t=-806828349&w=500&quality=80Messi thought he had added a sublime second to his tally but VAR ruled against him for a slight handball as the ball brushed his arm. De Jong sprayed a sensational pass with the outside of his boot to Messi, who controlled the ball on his chest and lifted it over Napoli goalkeeper David Ospina.No matter, the Argentine proved decisive again before the first half was out as he cleverly engineered his way between Koulibaly and the ball, with the defender hacking Messi down as he tried to clear his lines.After a long VAR delay the penalty was awarded and Suarez, Messi’s friend and neighbour, smashed it into the top corner to extend Barcelona’s lead.This was also Barcelona’s most worrying moment, as its captain hobbled and winced, looking potentially stricken by the challenge, but he managed to recover.Lorenzo Insigne pulled one back from the penalty spot before half time to remind the Catalans — if it wasn’t for Messi, this would be a much, much tighter affair. Dries Mertens had hit the post within 90 seconds as Napoli flashed Barcelona a warning signal, as if Real Madrid’s capitulation on Friday night wasn’t enough.But beyond Messi, there’s not a lot of substance to this Barcelona side, which needs a deep clean both in terms of the squad and those pulling the strings in the club offices.That was evident in the second half as Napoli dominated the ball and almost forced a nerve-racking final 10 minutes when Arkadiusz Milik headed home but his goal was disallowed for offside.
PLYMOUTH — Two Mason City residents have been arrested after a scheme to burglarize a Plymouth residence. Authorities accuse 43-year-old Nicole Cooper of committing felony conspiracy by meeting a victim at a bar on August 20th, and during that time, her friend 44-year-old Chad Wolfe, burglarized and committed theft at the residence, breaking in and stealing items valued at more than $1500. A search warrant was executed in the 2300 block of 26th Southwest in Mason City where authorities also allegedly found methamphetamine. Wolfe has been charged with third-degree burglary, second-degree theft, criminal mischief and possession of meth. He’s being held in the Cerro Gordo County Jail on a total of $5000 bond. Cooper has been charged with conspiracy to commit a non-forcible felony and possession of marijuana. She’s being held in the Cerro Gordo County Jail on a total of $2000 bond.